Though TownNews.com representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
Hello all: I'm new to BLOX and am trying to learn as I go along. I have a client that has provided me with an image ad and has requested two different links be embedded based on where the page viewer clicks. I'm afraid this would require that the ad be an html ad, but I've not been able to find any documentation as to what I need to do to get this ad posted. Any help from fellow experienced users would be greatly appreciated.
Hey all, I'm thinking we could really benefit from a few new options with polls. Some details:
1. It'd be really nice to be able to put an end date on a poll. It just seems like a basic functionality, and I know several people up-voted the idea before: https://help.bloxcms.com/knowledge-base/applications/settings/urls/custom_properties/article_5fd6d870-2bdc-11e5-93e5-034d9f275a7e.html
2. Can we have the option to NOT show results (and maybe show a field after someone votes — "Check back Aug. 8 to see the winner."). That'd allow for us to do some really cool stuff that's not currently allowed. You could have votes for an athlete of the week, person of the year, etc. and not risk people not voting because someone is out to a 2-to-1 lead early, etc.
Right now, BLOX only stores versions of the 10 most recent revisions made, correct? Is there anyway to expand that to 30 or even more? We change assets so often now that we lose the ability to track story versions to serve as teaching points for reporters/editors and for gathering versions for contest entries. Is this something that's technically possible to accomplish?
Go to webmaster tools, then Web Tools and see if you have a report yet. My "Google Sites" page has been reviewed, but none of the other sites I have access to have been reviewed.
Anyone else? Let us know!
When Article Presentation = Long-form & Inline Image Presentation = Full-bleed, it looks like Blox displays the image at 1200px width (URL: ...image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800) and then uses CSS to size up to 100% width. On viewports wider than 1200px this causes the images to go fuzzy.
My suggestion is when Article Presentation = Long-form & Inline Image Presentation = Full-bleed, the image resize should go higher, e.g. 1920px.
1) Wikipedia-style revisions would allow users to see the actual changes made between two versions of the same asset. Text would be highlighted that was deleted, added or changed, with an area for specific notes (if needed) for why the changes happened. User information could be seen when hovering over the changes to see who actually did the edit.
2) It's difficult to see currently what the actual changes or revisions have been made to an asset.
3) This feature would be used all the time by every staff member. Allows us to keep track of every change and why the change was made. Would especially be useful on long-form articles where what was changed or changes that need to be highlighted were missed.
4) All users would benefit from this feature. Our head editors and copyrighters would benefit most from it.
You can clearly see the previous asset text on the left, and the right is the current (or latest selected) with the changes that were made to the asset. It could be even further clarified by highlighting with different colours.
Red = delete
Green = added
Orange = changes (ie: spelling)
Currently, if a staff member who did the edits is not around, we have to open up several of the previous revisons and compare them. By having the changes in one window and side-by-side, it's easier to see past changes and plan for future ones.
Feature request: Add the rich text editor to the header of a Form (under Design > Forms) so form headers can have paragraph breaks, bold text etc.
So I've been trying to play with the keyword long_form to have ads specifically targeted for our long-form. We use DFP, and I created pos keyword with long_form. But it's just filling the ad spot and not targeting an ad there. The ad spot is also appearing on all stories, not just long form.
Has anyone tried this with success? Tips? What am I missing?
We have gone back and forth on Twitter cards for most of the last year. We like the idea of them, but we don't always have the photos to support them. I had asked TownNews to change our metadata tag to have it display the summary Twitter card, rather than the summary card with large image. But this takes a macro off the update path, which we want to avoid.
So I've submitted a feature request that they would make it possible to choose the Twitter card type without messing with the update path. Even better would be if we could control the Twitter card type in the metadata by section.
We just really don't want our stock images to be huge on Twitter. We also get weird crops of opinion columnists, etc. We feel like the summary card with the thumbnail would be a better option in a lot of cases. It'd also be nice to be able to use the player card for our videos.
Hi there, I was on the meeting today when TownNews mentioned a new feature on how to push news articles out through Facebook Messenger. I am very interested in this feature, but I haven't been able to find it within our account. We have a flex system and this is something that our paper wants to use immediately if available. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know!
I'm not seeing a setting on poll assets that allows the user to set an "end" date for the collection of submissions. Is there a way to do that? For example, I'd like to collect submissions for one week, end submissions, but then still display the results.
I've had this happen with an article before and it's completely ludacris. No matter how many times I try and post it, including deleting the ad and starting a new one, it refuses to publish to the website. Are there some sort of page-breaking symbols I'm unintentionally adding?
Someone just alerted me to the fact that when you click the print icon in a FLEX article the printout includes all of the in-story ads AND any hovering ads. The hovering ads are on every page, usually blocking content.
With Zen when the user clicked the print icon they were taken to a page with "?mode=print" trailing the URL. This mode stripped all of the other elements of the page save for the story and any child assets. It was great.
Here's what FLEX printing looks like...
I will enter this as a bug ticket so we'll fix it. Thanks!
Customer support service by UserEcho