+13
Completed

Batch upload

Jason Schaefer 4 years ago in BLOX CMS • updated by Patrick O'Lone (Director of Software Development) 7 months ago 16
It could be quite useful for the batch upload feature to be included in the story asset (child assets).

This would enable the copy desk to upload/attach photos to a story at one time instead of batch uploading separately then searching for files.

Answer

Answer
Completed

This feature was released with our Tuesday update to the CMS.

Also, collections! So you can batch upload child assets directly to a photo gallery. =)
You're just stealing that collections idea from my feature request ticket from last year! ;)
Has there been any development on adding the batch upload option to collection assets?  We would find this extremely useful and a big time-saver as well!
I love the batch upload into a story idea. Which makes me think; is there a possibility of simplifying the process of adding single image asset to a story? Its always seemed like a lot of steps just to upload an image - by creating a new image asset, choosing the upload choice between desktop and Dropbox (we don't use) saving that image into the asset, etc... eventually returning to your article...could there be a way to bypass those steps and automagically create an image asset in one step? Anyone with me?
+1
We have a feature request in for "batch upload from more places" and also "easier photo upload." Thanks!
Great to hear, thanks Christine!

Just FYI, this "batch upload" feature is available in our next release, due out later this month.

Also, in our last "core" release we also simplified the process of uploading photos.

Will that improvement also allow the slugs to upload rather than wiping them out like it does now?

OMG, this! This will save me five or ten minutes a week...which doesn't sound like much, but are 5-10 incredibly frustrating minutes.

Another excellent feature would be drag and drop uploading -- it's not a new or rare feature, it's pretty standard, and it's usually clear cut how to implement

Answer
Completed

This feature was released with our Tuesday update to the CMS.