Searching answer
Kevin M. Cox 5 months ago in BLOX Total CMS • updated 4 months ago 9

We send staff photos into TCMS through a "hot folder" that is processed as a Job on the server. We use several properties there to set the section and workflow depending on the folder used.

Is there a way to have TCMS automatically assign an author to an image through one of these functions? I found the following setting put it doesn't appear to work.

• property_import_author: sets all imported assets to have a specific property. Example 2: property_import_author='jdoe'.

Any help is appreciated.

GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by Kevin M. Cox 4 months ago

If the target parser is tncms then you should be able to set the authors property to the screen name, email, or UUID of the user. This can also be comma-delimited for multiple authors to be assigned.

Thanks Patrick, I'll give this a try next week.

Did I just do a bad job of searching the documentation or is this not listed anywhere?

It's probably not listed. We plan to provide a revamped job mechanism for editorial import that will have a UI - much like we've done for classifieds. The jobs panel as it is currently built has too many hidden options and is not self-documenting.

OK thanks. Good to know I didn't miss something obvious in the documentaion.

Doesn't seem to be working. All other items in there like sections and workflows are being applied, but author is still giving me trouble.

Searching answer

The authors property I looked at in the code was a property of the incoming source - it was not an option to the parser so that was my mistake. Try setting as a filter with field name set to authors, regular expression set to /^$/ and replacement set to kevin.cox@galvnews.com.

+1

Well, I'm not sure why it's not working. It's possible there is something else preventing this from working - so at this point I'm going to file a change request to add an explicit option to the tncms parser to set the author from an option as was asked about earlier.

Thank you Patrick. It would save our photographers time on deadline for sure.