Welcome to the TownNews customer community! Connect with other TownNews customers and with us to suggest features, share best practices and ask questions.
Though TownNews representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
How do I get the author to show up above as it shows in the documentation? Do I put the author byline in the "author" section? I've tried byline and tagline, have an image of the author, but it doesn't do it, so I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for your help!
The author needs to have a user account, be assigned to the story as "author," and the account should be filled out with their avatar, bio, etc. If they fill out their Twitter and Facebook, those will show up as well.
Then, of course, you need the "presentation" mode set to "personality."
I've already tried:
and they don't appear to work. Any ideas?
You will see a lot more of this in our new templates which are due out next year.
But, the way to access this image is:
[% this.block.custom.image.resource_url %]
(Where "image" is the name of the property.)
On the YouTube asset, go to "other" and then enter:
name = position
value = showcase
Available position values:
showcase = Large and on top of the article
top = Top of the media box
bottom = Bottom of the story
There's too much white space between the arrows. The timeline doesn't size to accommodate more 3 items occurring at the same time (it will work with 4 or more but they sit on top of each other.) The article list looks like an un-formatted mess. In my example if it could accommodate a full size picture it did otherwise it used a 300px thumbnail. I'd prefer as much consistency as possible. For example always use a 300px thumbnail (unless image is smaller). When it used the full size picture the metadata (posted, comments, keywords) showed up under the 1st paragraph text (like it should.) When a thumbnail was used the metadata showed up under the thumbnail which I don't particularly like but could accept if it was consistent, which it's not. Lastly clicking on the items in the timeline does nothing. It should either open the article or at least take you to the item further down on the page.
I love the concept and think with some tweaking it would be a much better. I did a mockup of my idealized version of the timeline. The biggest difference is the current asset is on display between the arrows. As you would click on the arrows or boxes in the timeline that asset would change. Because the asset link, preview, preview paragraph etc would all show up top the only thing needed in the article list is a headline list and maybe the posted date.
I'm interested in seeing feedback on this and in seeing how other are implementing the new options.
1. If I'm in an asset and I click "Add" to add a geolocation I have to select an existing geolocation. I can't add a new one... I would love to be able to an "add new" button that would let me create one on the fly.
2. OK so even if there's not a shiny "add new" button, its fairly simple to go to the menu choose settings/tags/geolocations and add a new location. Except it seems the array of locations you can add to the asset is set when go to editorial/assets... In order to see the new location in the list you have to close the asset your working on and reload editorial/assets
For example "Wee Read" at the library is set for every Monday and Thursday at 10 am until the end of time. Except the library is closed for Thanksgiving. So now I have modify the schedule and set an end date prior to 11/27 and then add another schedule starting after Thanksgiving and extending until the end of time.
I would love to be able to just enter an excluded date of 11/27 and have item not scheduled for that day.
In this month's issue:
- New article presentation modes allow you to easily create popular long-form and personality-focused stories.
- New collection presentation modes help you build series, paged galleries, timelines and more.
- Powerful new query rules give you more control over block content.
- Results from the syndication tool are simpler than ever to browse and pull into your site.
Customer support service by UserEcho