Though TownNews.com representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
One of the more popular online commenting services is Disqus. I'd like to see the BLOX commenting system adopt these features. I've suggested these privately but here they are for all to critique:
For readers, the ability to:
• Upvote or downvote comments.
• Like or dislike other commenters.
• Set a rating threshold for which comments they want to see. For example: "I don't want to see any comments that have a rating of -5 (5 downvotes) or lower."
• Block individual commenters. ("I don"t want to see any comment by user John Smith.")
• Sort comments (e.g. oldest to newest, newest to oldest, highest rated first)
For administrators, the ability to:
• Assign commenters to groups, such as "Trusted" and "Not Trusted" commenters. Trusted commenters have their comments posted immediately without moderation. Not trusted commenters have their comments held for moderation.
• Post customized messages when any comment is removed or posted by a banned user.
• Close comments without removing previous comments.
Starting tomorrow, I'm doing a content-related webinar series covering what I think are some cool - and sometimes overlooked - features in BLOX editorial. Here are the times:
What webinars would you like to see in the future?
Thanks for any ideas and input you have! =)
I was wrong. So thanks to the staff at TN for taking the time to put this together. Now that this is in place I hope we can get enough user participation to make it a great resource.
We're starting to accumulate more and more saved searches in the asset manager. It would be helpful to have the ability to re-order the searches by drag-and-drop or have them sort alphabetically (or both!).
Allow the Calendar in BLOX to associate an event with a Facebook event. Then, you can use the FB API to pull photos to the BLOX page!
It would be great to use GIT version control system to be able to get updates from TownNews base skins to be able to keep our modified (or branded) skins up to date. This would be easier to maintain up to date and helpful with trouble-shooting as tools such as diff could be used to see what has been changed.
Pulling updates, merging and pushing to git repositories or remote points, that would be then used by blox as source for the templates/skins would be amazing!
On the signup page, add an ajax check (1 second after last keystroke, or something) to check to see if the requested username is taken. There is a system call for this.
Customer support service by UserEcho