Welcome to the TownNews customer community! Connect with other TownNews customers and with us to suggest features, share best practices and ask questions.
Though TownNews representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
1. If I'm in an asset and I click "Add" to add a geolocation I have to select an existing geolocation. I can't add a new one... I would love to be able to an "add new" button that would let me create one on the fly.
2. OK so even if there's not a shiny "add new" button, its fairly simple to go to the menu choose settings/tags/geolocations and add a new location. Except it seems the array of locations you can add to the asset is set when go to editorial/assets... In order to see the new location in the list you have to close the asset your working on and reload editorial/assets
For example "Wee Read" at the library is set for every Monday and Thursday at 10 am until the end of time. Except the library is closed for Thanksgiving. So now I have modify the schedule and set an end date prior to 11/27 and then add another schedule starting after Thanksgiving and extending until the end of time.
I would love to be able to just enter an excluded date of 11/27 and have item not scheduled for that day.
In this month's issue:
- New article presentation modes allow you to easily create popular long-form and personality-focused stories.
- New collection presentation modes help you build series, paged galleries, timelines and more.
- Powerful new query rules give you more control over block content.
- Results from the syndication tool are simpler than ever to browse and pull into your site.
<a style="font:bold 13px Arial,sans-serif; color:#21491d; padding:10px 10px; background: repeat-x scroll 50% 50% #d3e0cd; border-radius:4px;" href="https://thebrunswicknews-dot-com.bloxcms.com/users/admin/service/purchase/?serviceid=3767&driver=subscription&referer_url=/users/admin/service/purchase/&step=1">99¢ Trial</a>
There is a list of them available as a link on this page, under the "icon" section:
Hope this helps!
With the huge growth in mobile traffic and the way voters are consuming content now, it would seem to be an absolute must that these election assets get a mobile-friendly display in the future.
Thanks very much.
Here is the Google News help page, which says that if you don't have a related image (that meets their requirements) they will sometimes help you out by adding one from somewhere else:
"Please keep in mind that in order to show as many different sources to our users as possible, we sometimes pair relevant images with articles from different sources."
So, it doesn't look like much can be done other than to try to have images with all of your main stories.
I had thought that setting an og_image setting would help, but you have that already, so clearly Google News won't use that.
Customer support service by UserEcho