Welcome to the TownNews customer community! Connect with other TownNews customers and with us to suggest features, share best practices and ask questions.
Though TownNews representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
One of the more popular online commenting services is Disqus. I'd like to see the BLOX commenting system adopt these features. I've suggested these privately but here they are for all to critique:
For readers, the ability to:
• Upvote or downvote comments.
• Like or dislike other commenters.
• Set a rating threshold for which comments they want to see. For example: "I don't want to see any comments that have a rating of -5 (5 downvotes) or lower."
• Block individual commenters. ("I don"t want to see any comment by user John Smith.")
• Sort comments (e.g. oldest to newest, newest to oldest, highest rated first)
For administrators, the ability to:
• Assign commenters to groups, such as "Trusted" and "Not Trusted" commenters. Trusted commenters have their comments posted immediately without moderation. Not trusted commenters have their comments held for moderation.
• Post customized messages when any comment is removed or posted by a banned user.
• Close comments without removing previous comments.
Starting tomorrow, I'm doing a content-related webinar series covering what I think are some cool - and sometimes overlooked - features in BLOX editorial. Here are the times:
What webinars would you like to see in the future?
Thanks for any ideas and input you have! =)
I was wrong. So thanks to the staff at TN for taking the time to put this together. Now that this is in place I hope we can get enough user participation to make it a great resource.
We're starting to accumulate more and more saved searches in the asset manager. It would be helpful to have the ability to re-order the searches by drag-and-drop or have them sort alphabetically (or both!).
On the signup page, add an ajax check (1 second after last keystroke, or something) to check to see if the requested username is taken. There is a system call for this.
Customer support service by UserEcho