I would be very interested to hear from other users about improvements they'd like to see to Blox-native commenting. Here are my suggestions so far.
(And to head off the inevitable: I am not switching to Disqus or FB just to get features. This is about improving the Blox system.)
- The ability to moderate comments from the article page, rather than having to go into the Blox back-end.
- "Trusted" commenters or some other sort of ranking system. Trusted commenters would be able to post links without review and their comments would be filtered nearer to the top of a comment list with a "Best Comments" sort order.
- A "Best Comments" sort order, which would be decided by the upvote/downvote system.
- See above: An upvote/downvote system for comments.
- Ability to have clickable links
- See above: Ability to hold comments for moderation if they contain links
- Ability for users to edit their own posts.
- Ability for users to upload images.
- Ability for newsrooms to specify a period after which comments on an article close automatically.
- Ability to show comments already posted AFTER commenting has been disabled, rather than having them all disappear.
- Pipe dream: Real time comments.
Customer support service by UserEcho