I am reviewing feature requests and other issues surrounding start times and update times of articles. My question to you guys is:
- Is there any reason NOT to turn on important updates?
I'm considering making this feature enabled by default. Meaning, only updates on which you check the "important updates" box will modify the "last modified" time. An unimportant update would still create an entry in the story's revision history (in case you need to track it), but otherwise wouldn't trigger anything on the front end.
As part of this:
- Add "important updates" to all asset types.
- Allow block to be sorted by "update time" (which would include only important updates).
- Add flags or other indicators on the front end when stories are updated or new.
- Add more specific publish date and updated date to front end article (for transparency to readers)
- Remove settings for "important updates" and "add comments to important updates" since they would be default for everyone.
Customer support service by UserEcho