Though TownNews.com representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
While troubleshooting an issue I noticed that Delete and Undo Deletion actions are not logged in an asset's Revisions panel.
While we can deduce when this occurred, it would be immensely helpful if the system logged the point that an asset was deleted and then un-deleted and by whom. The text could go in the same place as when user's fill out the box to record a note on their save.
When clicking on an asset in search results, it would be extremely helpful if the words used in the search could be highlighted in some fashion. Make the text a different color, bold the text -- anything to help us find the search words quickly. An older system we had did just that.
Thanks! I've added a feature request for this!
Our group is using dual monitor setups - it would be awesome to allow us to utilize "drag and drop" from BLOX Total CMS Asset Manager and InDesign. I have my working InDesign document on one screen, and my Asset Manager set to open on the other. Instead of clicking "OK" - it would be convenient to drag the asset (and whatever siblings) directly to the working page.
Customer support says that
are additive only in TCMS -- so they will not prompt changes on the asset in CMS.
If a feature is additive only, that needs to be somehow noted in TCMS on each field, so that users know and remember.
Also, why are these fields "additive only" when they're fairly important ones that we need to change in both TCMS and CMS.
I'll start by saying this is a request I shouldn't even need to make, but I have users who simply cannot understand the impact of changing the Start Time of an article after it has already been published online (e.g. 404 errors for readers following links from social media).
• I'd like an option to have the Start Date/Time of an asset frozen in TotalCMS, once the article has a Site Tag and that time has passed (meaning it has published online).
This would function exactly like the Start Date does in Banner Ads:
This would prevent the accidental removal of an article from the website by users who don't understand exactly how it works. However the Do Not Publish checkbox would still be available for emergency situations when something needs to be taken down, but would require a much more conscious effort to engage.
What do y'all think? I can't be the only one who has face this problem.
Is anyone using Google Analytics 360 that could chat about pulling in the Social referral information into Data Studio? We get a category labeled as "not set" in that referral list and I'm not able to find a clear answer from Google on what to think about that traffic source.
We have a block on the homepage and every section that pulls in a feed of headlines from new stories as they are posted. If a story is updated, reporters and editors can manually (based on our site settings) mark the update as "important." On the article, this shows the original publish time and when the story was updated. It's great.
But the "important" update doesn't recirculate the story through the "latest stories" column. I can pull stories by date and time (done) and by "update" time ... but that applies to any update to the story. Fixing a typo isn't "important." Adding three new paragraphs to a breaking news story is. So I'm interested in a sort rule that would pick up "important" update times.
1. What problem(s) does this idea solve? See above.
2. Why do you need this idea implemented? Provide as many problems or use cases as possible. Greater promotion of breaking news and updating stories. Otherwise, reporters change the start time of the story. That works, but isn't really a best practice.
3. How often would you use this feature? Daily. Hourly. Every time an important update is made.
4. How many people in your organization would use this feature? All of them. OK, all of the reporters (about 35) and digital staff (about 5) and section editors (about 7) and senior editors (3). So at least 50 people.
We send staff photos into TCMS through a "hot folder" that is processed as a Job on the server. We use several properties there to set the section and workflow depending on the folder used.
Is there a way to have TCMS automatically assign an author to an image through one of these functions? I found the following setting put it doesn't appear to work.
- property_import_author: sets all imported assets to have a specific property. Example 2: property_import_author='jdoe'.
Any help is appreciated.
Like the addition of the "teaser" image on article files, but for purposes of training staff and passing meta data on, shouldn't they be consistently named "preview" instead of "teaser?" - or are they serving different functions?
Thanks Robert and Bob! Yes, Robert's description was accurate. I'll give you two use cases for the Teaser that will illustrate it's purpose:
1. Using a teaser image so that you don't "give away" the mystery of the story or the main story photo. For example, an article like, "The two Hermiones just met and I'm crying" would show and example of two Hermiones from the movie, which would work to draw the user in to find more information. The teaser image does not show on the article though.
On the article itself, the main photo (which is the revealing photo that users clicked through to see) can now be shown. This just a child asset which would show as usual. See this example:
2. The second case where this may be useful is where a media organization has a goal or mandate to have more photos on more articles. They may want to add "stock" images - such as some crime tape to go with a crime story -but because it isn't actually a picture of something important, they don't actually want it to show on the article page itself. That way, you can have a teaser thumbnail, but you don't have to have it on the article page.
A lot of our staff like using the Expanded Editor view when working in article assets so they can focus on just the body of their story. They are requesting that a Save button be added into this view so they can save (without closing) directly without having to first return to the standard asset view.
Probably the easier thing would be to simply add another bar at the bottom of the window, below the Stats bar, that contains the Save button on the right side. Alternatively adding it into the toolbar at the top of the screen would work just as well.
Please let me know what y'all think.
Is anyone currently delivering their GA and Quantcast tracking code to their AMP pages? Is that automatically included in the markup that TN is providing to Google AMP or do we need to add that using their insertion macros in option.head.utl?
First, thanks so much for adding the Broadcast feature to the TCMS. It's a very useful feature that will certainly get a lot of use.
It would be awesome if we could set a custom time to Broadcast assets separate from the asset's start time. This would enable us to send content to our social media channels for optimum visibility. For example, much of our content goes live on our website at 4:30 a.m. but it would be better to delay the Broadcast to Facebook until about 7:30 or 8 a.m. when there are more people on Facebook.
It would also be nice to have the ability to schedule multiple Broadcast times for different channels inside a single asset. For example, we would like to broadcast to Facebook once but may like to broadcast to Twitter three separate times, so it would be cool to have the ability to schedule a single FB broadcast and three Twitter broadcasts.
Finally — and I don't know if it's possible — but it would also be nice if media such as photos that are attached to assets could be broadcast to Twitter along with the asset's link.
I was manually sending AP assets to the web and found myself having to open them all to make sure they hadn't already been given a site tag. We do this every day and it finally occurred to me what would make it a much simpler process.
It would be nice to have a separate column for the presence of a site tag just like we have a "Sections" columns for section tags. Even a little box like this...
Customer support service by UserEcho