One of the more popular online commenting services is Disqus. I'd like to see the BLOX commenting system adopt these features. I've suggested these privately but here they are for all to critique:
For readers, the ability to:
• Upvote or downvote comments.
• Like or dislike other commenters.
• Set a rating threshold for which comments they want to see. For example: "I don't want to see any comments that have a rating of -5 (5 downvotes) or lower."
• Block individual commenters. ("I don"t want to see any comment by user John Smith.")
• Sort comments (e.g. oldest to newest, newest to oldest, highest rated first)
For administrators, the ability to:
• Assign commenters to groups, such as "Trusted" and "Not Trusted" commenters. Trusted commenters have their comments posted immediately without moderation. Not trusted commenters have their comments held for moderation.
• Post customized messages when any comment is removed or posted by a banned user.
• Close comments without removing previous comments.
Customer support service by UserEcho