Though TownNews.com representatives often participate in discussions, this is not a customer service site. For immediate help, call 800-293-9576 or submit a support request via our online ticketing system.
This is a feature request to add the Breaking flag to video assets.
1.WHAT PROBLEM DOES THIS SOLVE: this allows us to use a LIVE VIDEO ASSET as a breaking news item on our site. It provides easy access to one or multiple live streams in the case of breaking news.
2. HOW OFTEN WOULD WE USE IT: Often. Sometimes multiple times a day
3. HOW MANY PEOPLE IN OUR ORGANIZATION WOULD USE IT: All content publishers
As broadcasters, our life blood and competitive advantage is video. The easier we can streamline the process for our viewers, the better for everyone.
At our March customer webinar, we’ll introduce SmartSend, an all-new text and email marketing app that allows your clients to easily send instant, direct messages to their customers. Your advertisers will love the outstanding response rates that text messaging provides—you'll love the effortless upsells and new digital marketing revenue stream!
Topics will include:
- An overview of SmartSend, an intuitive app that your clients can use to send texts and emails to their customers. It’s as easy as posting to social media!
- Success stories from businesses who are using SmartSend to send offers, coupons, invitations, and more.
- How you can start using SmartSend to easily generate NEW revenue from local advertisers.
Ready to get started? Join us on March 5th at 10:30 AM CDT.
Want to take in the webinar on your own time? Register now and we’ll send you a link to the webinar recording once it’s ready.
Upgrade your email newsletters with our FREE optimization service
When it comes to audience engagement, email is still tops. But how do you know you’re getting the best possible results from your email newsletters? At our February customer webinar, Tim Turner, director of content and data services for TownNews, introduced a new, FREE optimization service that will help you deliver real results with ultra-engaging email campaigns.
Based on proven best practices, our team will work with you to:
- Double your existing newsletter signups (on average)
- Increase email opens and clickthroughs with new, optimized templates
- Create newsletters that appeal to a variety of key target audiences
- Maximize your local and programmatic advertising strategy
The New Year means big new initiatives at TownNews—and a webinar you won’t want to miss! At our January webinar, we gave a sneak peek at two new data-powered solutions that will transform your digital growth in 2020: iQ Audience+ and Data Insights.
Learn more about:
- iQ Audience+: An audience acquisition and retention platform that enables you to precisely tailor your conversion funnel using audience data, machine learning, and proven industry best practices.
- Data Insights: A powerful new tool for gathering, understanding, and acting upon the world of data that drives your business.
Both iQ Audience+ and Data Insights are slated for release in the first quarter of 2020. Be the first to see what’s coming! Watch it now.
For those who use the TownNews e-edition:
We think it's important for our organization to control the assets in the River of News. Right now, according to TownNews, there is no way to control that. Basically, it just shows up in whatever order it does. They think it's feasible, but asked me to put in a feature request.
How important do you think this is? Would you use it to place importance on the the content in your River of News?
Join Tim Turner, iQ Engage program manager at TownNews, and Tim McDonough, manager of client strategy at Lotame, as they show you how TownNews and Lotame can help you improve ad targeting, and make more money with your in-house (first-party) data.
- Using your own proprietary audience data to maximize advertising revenue
- Augmenting your in-house data with third-party audience data to unlock new ad targeting opportunities
- Expanding your advertisers’ reach with look-alike modeling
- . . . and more!
Ready to get started? Watch it now.
Following up on Rob Weir's question, but with a Facebook focus. A Wordpress plug in was just announced making it easy for all publishers to access instant articles. Does TownNews have a plan to quickly match this?
Yes! We have already built the integration in fact. We haven't yet announced it because we'd like to have a customer go live with it to make sure it works properly and there are no issues. If anyone has a Facebook account that is approved for this, let me know, since it is still technically in beta on the Facebook side. =)
Though videos and podcasts are all the rage, the workaday, unsung article still accounts for more than half of all page views across the TownNews network. How can you make the most of this potential? At our October webinar, Christine Masters, director of product management for TownNews, led a panel discussion on easy design strategies you can use to create high-impact articles that grow and engage your audience.
- Developing your article design “North Star” game plan, with KPIs
- Creating beautiful, magazine-style pages with our built-in Article Designer
- Distributing your content to AMP, Facebook, and other platforms
- Keeping your audience engaged with push notifications
- . . . and much more!
Ready to get started? Webinar recording now available.
In the editorial section of Blox or TCMS, I can add columns, shuffle them around and just generally set things up in a way that's efficient for me. (Sort by start date, for example, or mark which stories have a site tag or which stories are marked "do not publish.") The next time I log in, the page will be set up the same way. That's great.
But when I'm in an asset and want to add child or sibling assets, the search results don't have the same functionality — I can show or hide columns that are or aren't relevant, move columns around to find what I want, but the next time I go to add a child or sibling asset, I have to do to the same thing again. It's time-consuming and, well, annoying. Any chance of being able to save those search result formats on a user basis?
We are exploring he possibility of adding an ad-free or ad-lite site experience to our site. Are there any users here that have experience with this?
Customer support service by UserEcho