Feature Request for Ad Owl: Include the Order Approved email in the Email Templates
Preston Gibson 5 years ago in BLOX CMS • updated by Phil Pracht (Product Manager) 5 years ago • 3
For ad orders of print+online packages with Ad Runs defined by a Weeks (vs. Days) schedule, the system-generated email constructs a message which communicates a start date which aligns with the initial print edition date. This messaging is inconsistent with our service delivery standard (online ads are published asap, in advance of print publication). This errant messaging either fosters customer dissatisfaction or adds an administrative burden. We can manually overwrite the message, but desire an automated solution. We could construct a satisfactory email message, if this email were accessible via Email Templates.
Customer support service by UserEcho
Before I can create this feature request I'll need to better define the requirements. I envision this workflow but welcome your feedback:
1) Similar to existing Email Templates, a new email template 'approve-order' would be added.
2) Creating a new 'approve-order' template will not erase the 'default'.
3) "Notifications" settings in Publications & categories would now include "Approve order email template" setting.
4) Assigning a custom 'approve-order' email template will have to happen at the Publication and/or Category level similar to existing Email Templates.
5) Depending on the pub/cat a user has purchased, the corresponding Email Template will generate in the "Approve an order" pop-up.
6) Recipients/Sender/Subject/External ID and Message can still be overridden by the admin.
Phil - This workflow should do the trick. Thanks!
I've got an Idea ticket started which will require dev input before proceeding to feature / scheduling. I'll let you know if there are any changes or issues as we go through this evaluation process.
Thanks for your patience, Preston!